Re: po_mode for review.

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:06:46 +0100 wrote Morten Bo Johansen <mojo@xxxxxxxx>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am hereby submitting a po_mode for Jed. I hope you will have
> the time/energy to take a look and test it with the po-file that
> I have also attached. I have "tampered" with the latter to take
> into account some changes in the format from a standard gettext
> generated po-file that could be encountered as there are other
> ways of generating po-files.

Unfortunately I have too little experience with po file to really test it.
Maybe it is relatet to not really installing: after evaluating the po.sl
file and opening test.po all came out nice and colorfull. When I pressed
enter, an *po-edit* buffer opened (nice) and the content of the test.po
buffer vanished (not nice). After closing the po-buffer, some po-functionality
remained (questions whether to save headers...) when closing jed.

> ... then there are a few advanced
> features that would be nice to have implemented but which are
> beyond my capabilities:

> - dictionary look-ups: the ability to look up a translation in
>   a user maintained dictionary in some predefined format. This
>   would be especially nice to have.

I have a very basic support for the "ding" german-english dictionary as an
ongoing project.

The format of the dictionary file is

# German :: English wordlist
# Version :: 1.1
# Copyright (c) :: Frank Richter <Frank.Richter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 1995 - 2000
# License :: GPL Version 2; GNU General Public Licence
# URL :: http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/dict
Aal {m} :: eel
Aal {m} :: moray
Aas {n} :: carrion
Aasfresser {m} :: scavenger
Abänderung {f}; Änderung {f}; Veränderung {f} :: alteration
Abänderung {f}; Modifikation {f} :: modification
Abarbeiten {n} :: attention handling

and I use my grep mode (see JMR) to extract matching lines

public define ding() % ([word])
{
   variable word;
   if (_NARGS)
     word = ();
   else
     word = read_mini("word to translate:", bget_word(), "");
   grep(word, "/usr/X11R6/lib/ding/ger-eng.txt");
}

Next step would be a mode for the results, based on my listings mode with
  * nice listing
  * Enter/Double-click inserts the word under cursor into the calling buffer
  * variants: search only English/German words,
                    full word vs. substring
  * ...

maybe you could try it out. Maybe there is a text-form dictionary file for Dansk as
well somewhere on the net: everything that can be searched with the
grep/egrep/rgrep command would go.

sincerely

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de