Re: __FILE__ and path_rel

Guenter Milde wrote on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 3:13 PM

> If I see it right, path_rel(b, r) does a subset of
> expand_filename(path_concat(b, r))

Did you tried this on different systems? In the documentation of path_concat
the 2nd argument should be a basename and not a relative path in
Unix-notation.

Therefor I would not recommend to use your construction instead of path_rel.
Of course it fails for me in a very simple case: r= "..".

Actually path_rel relies completly on path_concat and path_dirname. The
relative
path gets evaluated subsequently and each ".." calls path_dirname and each
basename
calls path_concat.

The intention for path_rel is to handle a system-independant relative file
specification
(e.g. "a/b/c") of any arbitrary length in a painless way.

Klaus