Re: [jed-users] setting programming style

> John E. Davis wrote:
> Frank v Waveren <fvw@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >filenames things get saved to and such. I'd be much more comfortable
> >with having a whitelist, there aren't _that_ many things that have to
> >be changeable from the file are there?
>
> I would not want to make the decision about what should and should not
> be set allowed.  Whenever I have tried to make such decisions in the
> past, I have been wrong.  I think that a reasonable compromise would
> be to make the setting of variables conditional as I have done with
> "eval".

I have tried the new modehook.sl.

% -*- mode:Slang;$9:system("dir") -*-

No query. Seems the variable value must be checked and eventually quoted
before putting it into eval.

Is there any way to avoid eval when assigning to a variable only known by
it's name string (like with associative arrays)?

Thanks,
Klaus