Re: [jed-users] setting programming style

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 01:36:21PM -0500, John E. Davis wrote:
> Compile_Default_Compiler only has an effect on the regular expressions
> used when parsing compiler output.
Oops, I meant the variable that has the compiler command in it, but
that's a local hack.

> The variables to worry about are
> those that determine what programs get run via, e.g., shell_cmd, etc.
> For example, XTerm_Pgm in runpgm.sl is one such variable.
Nod, those are the ones I meant.

> My suggestion is to require variables that specify programs to be run
> in a subshell should have names that end in "_Pgm".  That way, the code in
> modehook.sl warn the user if a file's mode statement tries to
> modify the value of such a variable.
Possible, but there could also be other security-sensitive things like
filenames things get saved to and such. I'd be much more comfortable
with having a whitelist, there aren't _that_ many things that have to
be changeable from the file are there?

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 21A7 C7F3
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl|chello.nl] ICQ#10074100            1FF3 47FF 545C CB53