Re: [jed-users] setting programming style

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 10:20:35PM -0500, John E. Davis wrote:
> I would not want to make the decision about what should and should not
> be set allowed.
Ok, but how about an interface that allows people to set which
variables they want to be able to set from files (something everyone
can set up in their jedrc, possibly with sane defaults)

> Whenever I have tried to make such decisions in the
> past, I have been wrong.
The bane of being the author of widely-used software :-)

> I think that a reasonable compromise would
> be to make the setting of variables conditional as I have done with
> "eval".
That's enough to keep me happy, it's not a feature I use..

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 21A7 C7F3
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl|chello.nl] ICQ#10074100            1FF3 47FF 545C CB53