Re: wjed and the system() command

Jørgen Larsen <jl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>The system() command in wjed has a somewhat surprising feature:
>it translates its argument (a string) from Windows codepage to DOS codepage.

What OS are you using?  win95? 98? 2000? NT?

The "system" function used by wjed is essentually a wrapper around the
win32 CreatePipe and CreateProcess functions.  The CreateProcess
function actually calls the "shell" as defined by the "COMSPEC"
environment variable.  I suspect that if character-set translation is
happening, then it is happening there.  For example, on NT this
results in the command

   cmd.exe $JED_ROOT\w32\w32shell.exe ispell ...whatever...

Perhaps someone who knows more about win32 process creation can
comment further.