Re: Re: Copy/Paste with Xwindow

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 00:23:13 -0400 wrote "John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >x_copy_region_to_selection works quite fine, put x_insert_selection has a
> >quite strange behaviour, it paste data only when xjed receive the next
> XEvent.
>
> In principle the act of moving or clicking the mouse should generate
> an XEvent.

The problem arises, if you want to bind the Xwindow interactions to a key:

Try:
    M-x x_insert_selection    -> Nothing happens
now do one of
    Move the mouse            -> Nothing happens
    Right mouse click         -> The x-selection gets inserted
    Middle mouse click        -> The x-selection gets inserted twice

(BTW, more problematic for me is, that the X selection doesnot arrive at the
KDE 3 clipboard (SuSE Linux 7.3, KDE 3.1).)

Guenter

G.Milde at physik.tu-dresden.de