Re: RE: Ignore_Beep doesn't

Nick Tatham <nick.tatham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>What I don't want to do is to edit an existing file (eg jed.rc, site.sl
>etc). I want to have a user customisation file that starts empty. Then I can
>keep my bits separate from the Jed bits which will make upgrades easier.

That is ok.  Just create an empty jed.rc in the JED_HOME directory as
outline in my previous message.  It will not get overwritten after
upgrades.  There is no need to edit any of the .sl files distributed
with jed and you can keep your personal customizations in
JED_HOME/jed.rc, which should not be confused with
JED_ROOT/lib/jed.rc.  To restate what I said earler, if
JED_HOME/jed.rc exists, it will get loaded instead of
JED_ROOT/lib/jed.rc.