From: owner-jed-users-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-jed-users-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of John E. Davis
Sent: 28 March 2002 20:47
To: jed-users@xxxxxxxxxxx; jed-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE: Ignore_Beep doesn't

Nick Tatham <nick.tatham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I don't want to edit jed.rc or even take a copy into JEDHOME and then edit
>that. That way I still have a merge problem. What I want is something like
>jed.rc hook at the end that calls my own customised file - which could be
>stored in JEDHOME or as .jedrchook on Unix or wherever. That way I don't
>have to merge at new release.

Perhaps I do not fully understand the problem.  Suppose the jed root
directory is located in C:\apps\jed and you have a directory called
C:\home.  Then you can create a file called C:\home\jed.rc and set the
enviroment variable JED_HOME equal to C:\home.  Running jed with this
setup will cause it to load C:\home\jed.rc instead of
C:\apps\jed\lib\jed.rc.  In other words, you can put all your
customization in C:\home\jed.rc and you do not need to deal with
C:\apps\jed\lib\defaults.sl at all.  If you do not want to create a
JED_HOME (or HOME) environment variable, then you can create
C:\apps\jed\lib\defaults.sl with the single line:

   Default_Jedrc_Startup_File = "C:\\home\\jed.rc";

which will give you the same effect.

Does this sound like a reasonable solution?