Re: RE: Ignore_Beep doesn't

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 05:39:18PM -0000, Nick Tatham wrote:
> What I don't want to do is to edit an existing file (eg jed.rc, site.sl
> etc). I want to have a user customisation file that starts empty. Then I can
> keep my bits separate from the Jed bits which will make upgrades easier.

Has defaults.sl been mentioned yet?  This starts empty.  In fact, it's not
even distributed with JED, but site.sl checks for it right at the end.

On Debian (not pertinent here, but interesting), we have a jed.conf in /etc
(which gets called by site.sl if there's no defaults.sl) that calls .sl
files in /etc/jed-init.d/.  In this way, one can drop "modules" in
/etc/jed-init.d/ that get executed by JED at startup, but are persistent
over JED upgrades.