Re: [jed-users] quick exit...

On Mar 28, Guenter Milde <G.Milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about binding the functions to a key of your choice? E.g. your
> .jedrc insert
>
>   setkey("save_buffers; exit_jed", "^Q");
>
> to make the usual cua exit key Ctrl-Q saving all changed buffers and
> exit without any hassle.
>
> Beware: you might overwrite files with unwanted changes this way
> without notice

The original poster wanted a (non-prompting) quick exit when using mutt
and slrn. So a safe and handy solution would be something like the
following (I copy a few lines from my .jed.sl), which has the effect
that the buffer is saved wihtout asking when you exit jed (^X^C with the
emacs emulation):

define mail_mode ()
{
    set_mode ("Mail",1);
    () = evalfile ("~/.mail.sl");
	eval (". ( save_buffers exit_jed ) exit_hook");
	WRAP = 71;
    .... etc
}

This way, quick exit works only when editing mail and news, and it works
independently of what emulation the user prefers.

Holger