RE: RE: Ignore_Beep doesn't

Guenter:

Thanks for delving into this and explaining the behaviour I saw.

John:

I think my key problem in the past is that I have always modified certain
Jed files for my own devious ends. When a new release came out, the files I
had modified had usually changed with the addition of new features, so I
have had to merge my code with the new Jed code and then sanity check that
it still did what I wanted.

With defaults.sl I have almost everything I need to do separated from the
rest of Jed making an upgrade easy. The only problem - which I have just
discovered with Guenter's help - is that it gets called before jed.rc so
jed.rc can undo some of my stuff.

I don't want to edit jed.rc or even take a copy into JEDHOME and then edit
that. That way I still have a merge problem. What I want is something like a
jed.rc hook at the end that calls my own customised file - which could be
stored in JEDHOME or as .jedrchook on Unix or wherever. That way I don't
have to merge at new release.

I know I could implement this with only a couple of lines of slang but this
could be a useful standard feature that you could add to "V1".

Regards,

Nick