Re: Re: [jed-users] quick exit...

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:45:59 +0100 wrote Michael Johnson <pomj@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> * Charl P. Botha wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 09:43:33PM +0100, Michael Johnson wrote:
> > > Should I press and hold ctrl. And then press x-s-x-c?
> >
> > Indeed.

Ah, you mean ^X^S followed by ^X^C.

  ^X ^S                         save_buffer
  ^X ^C                         exit_jed

actually,  ^X S might be better, to save non-active buffers as well

  ^X S                         save_some_buffers

however, it does ask for every buffer. You could use the function

                        save_buffers

instead.

> > Unless your JED has been setup with some non-Emacs emulation, this
> > will save and exit.

> Then that's why it won't work :-(
> I use cua keybindings.

Good choice (well actually only with my enhanced cua.sl to appear soon on
the jed modes repository. :-).

How about binding the functions to a key of your choice? E.g. your .jedrc
insert

  setkey("save_buffers; exit_jed", "^Q");

to make the usual cua exit key Ctrl-Q saving all changed buffers and exit
without any hassle.

Beware: you might overwrite files with unwanted changes this way without
        notice (consider the case you accidentially inserted a letter in a
        program source without noticing and later switching to another
        buffer)

        A one-hit key-combi might be "dangerous" for such an important act,
        as it could be hit by accident as well.

The save option would be

  setkey("exit_jed", "^Q");

to get the chance to respond to all save-attempts with y or n or to abort
the whole process.

Guenter

--
G.Milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx