[jed-users] Re: VT100 compatible terminal emulator?

On Mon 2021-07-26 (10:34), Roland Hughes wrote:

> Okay, need some explanation of what it is you are __really__ trying to do.

I am looking for an alternative for xterm, because its popup menu
(Ctrl-Mousebutton) does not work any more and I cannot change the font
(size) at runtime.

>  From your description it sounded like you were using Xterm to connect
> to an OpenVMS system and JED to edit the source code on there. That's
> what I thought.

Nearly :-)
I connect to Linux hosts, not VMS (any more).
I need a local terminal emulator, like xterm. But with the feature to
change the font at runtime, and of course a good VT100 support.

> If all you are doing is fighting your current terminal to get proper
> VT-100 emulation locally
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/edt.html#Unix

"General Notes on Using NumLock for the PF1 Key on Unix Systems"

I have already configured NumLock as PF1 (edt GOLD), this is not the problem.

> using xmodmap and changing the keyboard definition just to use NumLock
> violates my religion. It is one of the reasons I have been working on
> RedDiamond.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/reddiamond/

Another editor?! What a sacrilege suggestion! ;-)
No, I am happy with jed. I have just trouble with xterm.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK