[jed-users] Re: VT100 compatible terminal emulator?

On Mon 2021-07-26 (10:17), Roland Hughes wrote:

> If you are running Ubuntu
>
> sudo apt-get install pterm putty putty-doc putty-tools

pterm is (just) the terminal emulator!
This is what I was looking for!

But the keys NumLock / * - on the numeric keyboard does not produce any
output, which is what I need without fail for jed (edt mode).

I have tried different settings, without luck:

https://fex.flupp.org/fop/A7GJhQMY/X-20210726173519.png

> You can also try software roulette at sourceforge
>
> https://sourceforge.net/directory/os:linux/?q=vt100+terminal+emulator

Ehh... information overflow :-)

> or take your chances on a "compare" list
>
> https://www.g2.com/categories/terminal-emulator?order=g2_score#product-list

Hmmm...
https://fex.flupp.org/fop/13P9nhyz/X-20210726173210.png

> If you are looking to spend money, here are some options claiming to
> work on Linux

I am looking for open-source only. I do not trust closed source at all.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK