[slang-users] Function of SLREGEXP_UTF8

Hello everybody!

While trying to trim down my personal slang-2 TODO list for slrn, I came
across the SLREGEXP_UTF8 flag. As documentation for that part of slang-2
is still missing, I wrote some systematic tests to find out its
functionality and the result surprised me: It did not have any effect in
any of my test scenarios. Then, I decided to grep for that flag in the
source code of slang-2 and noticed that it does not seem to be used at
all.

Does someone have more information about what the semantics of the regexp
engine currently are in a UTF-8 context, what that flag is going to do in
the final version of slang-2 and when I will be able to test this?

Thank you
  Thomas