[slang-users] Re: Paul (or anyone is interested for that matter)

Here is an interesting article about db.* ...

Good luck.

I am doing a wrapper for Sqlite3.  Last time I mentioned this I did not realize
that Sqlite was doing a major renovation of code and concept from 2.x to 3.x. But I got the basics working. I should have it posted soon. Got S-lang 2rc4
yesterday to test with.

BTW how small is their 'small' claim?

From what it looks like, about 150K.

I came across a end-user who was having to compile it in an ARM based system.
Statically linked and un-optimized, the total size was around 450K.

He posted after cleaning off stuff they did not need (pthreads and multi-user
stuff) it came down to a static size of around 175K ....

I was looking at using SQlite, till I, too realized the major upgrade from
2 to 3 was going to be a headache.

One of things in a business INTERACTIVE environment, is to have real Direct
Access methods to the data along with record locking, which this has.

Ben Duncan   - VersAccounting Software LLC 336 Elton Road  Jackson MS, 39212
"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
       - Hanlon's Razor