Re: [slang-users] Paul (or anyone is interested for that matter)

Hmmm, your right, however reading the LICENSE file included with it, it just
a re-phrased GPL, but targeted at ONLY other open source projects ( I wonder if
Cygwin qualifies?) for usage. BUT there seems to be a response from one of the ittia
foundry members on that .

As far as I am concerned, I only want LINUX or Open Source (BSD ,Open Slowlaris, etc)
for the target. My current customer base is %75 Linux based and %25 MicroSnot, but the
M$ users pay all the bills .....

p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 09:33:02 -0600, Ben Duncan <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

I joined the "ittia" group so I could download the source (which I did). The source
is released under the GPL, so licensing is in good shape.

No it isn't.  It's released under the Centura Public License, and on the
website it says:
  it is only legal to run db.* on an "open-source" operating
  system.
Do all your customers run Linux?

Also, I think it's strange you've gotta join something to download the source.

Ben Duncan   - VersAccounting Software LLC 336 Elton Road  Jackson MS, 39212
"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
       - Hanlon's Razor