Re: [slang-users] Re: Threads & Charset (UTF-8) on MacOS X

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, John E. Davis wrote:

> Thomas Dickey <dickey@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >There's a slang 2.0 in alpha now (no documentation available, and some
> >interfaces have changed).  I've a to-do item to see if lynx builds/works
> >with it (without hacking up lynx, of course).
>
> Since I am a lynx user, I will download the latest source and send you
> patches if any are required.
>
> The situation with Mutt is somewhat different since Mutt uses the
> SLcurses hack code and not the native SLsmg functions.  The SLcurses
> interface may not support UTF-8 without addition modifications.  I
> will grab the code for ncursesw and see what its wide character
> interface looks like and see what modifications are necessary to
> slcurses.h to emulate some of it.

That would be good.  The 2.8.6dev.6 code has some changes I've made to
make the options form work (in contrast to the workaround for 8-bit
curses/slang).  Those worked well enough, but are interleaved with the
workarounds (and some things remain - options menu isn't the whole
program). It would be nice to just remove the work-around code (things
that refer to utf8_xtra, CJK, etc.).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net