Re: [slang-users] Releasing my slang modules/tools/functions

While we are on the subject .....

Allow me to introduce my project - SLAG.
S-Lang Application Generator.

So far I have cleaned up and redone the newt library to be
a module for slsh. This means in a slsh script you can
call "OpenWin" and have a "virtual" window open up. Same
with the radio button, selection functions, etc...

I am looking at a cutting up JED to become a WYSIWYG screen
and report painter. The output of this utility will be
called SLADE (For S-Lang Application Definitions). These
will be files that are menus, data entry screens, report
programs, and posting functions.

I am looking into combining slsh with SLAG to create a
runtime of some sort.

The final result, I hope, will be a S-Lang based system that
the runtime "engine" takes care of most of the basic stuff.
And example being "runslage AR" would find a "Master" definition
of the Application called AR. In the "master" definition would be
the initial program to load (a menu), a master function key record
defining what the function keys do "Overall", and other such
related system control information.

The Application menu would contain pull-down menu bars that
can be sub-menu windows or "call" "Maint" for Maintenance screens,
"Report" for report SLADE's or POST for posting SLADE's.

The SLADE's will be agnostic in that they will only contain row,column,
formatting, data file list, quick program list, and the ability to
perform scripting on the "fields". The runtime will handle open and
closing of files and other such task.

This is a simplified idea of what I am working on, but the success I am
having with the newt to slag project (And I am NOT a C guru at all), leads
me to believe this is a do-able project.

Oh well, back to slingin' some Slag .....

Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
BTW has anyone gotten the mysql module to compile?

<SNIP>

--
Ben Duncan   - VersAccounting Software LLC 336 Elton Road  Jackson MS, 39212
"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"