[jed-users] Re: Can Jed do anything along these lines?

On Fri 2017-09-08 (17:07), Roland Hughes wrote:

> You know the VT100 claim Konsole makes isn't VT100. I had an argument
> with the "maintainer" for Cannonical. I offered the genetic misfit
> access to my DS-10 Alpha so he could actually test with the living
> breathing definition of VT100. (You'll find NONE of the numeric keypad
> works in EDT or LSE when you are terminaled into and actual OpenVMS
> platform.)

I selected jed as my favourite editor 20 years ago, because it was close
to LSE and it supported an excellent numeric keypad editing in EDT mode.
This was THE killer feature for me as a long time VMS user.

But all GNOME based terminal emulators do not have an application keypad
mode. "Not invented here".
So I keep xterm, which works fine.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK