[jed-users] Can Jed do anything along these lines?

I love Jed, and I've always wanted to know how close to an IDE it can be pushed to.
Is it possible to do something along the lines of this using slang and modes?
https://realpython.com/images/blog_images/emacs/emacs-elpy-basic.png
Also, can JED integrate with a Python debugger and do stepping line-by-line with a watch window?
I'm still wrestlng with terminal programs and their inability to send things like
leftleft+shiftleft+controletc as seperate escape sequences so I can use things like ctrl+left in Jed to skip words.  I've only got this working in Konsole thanks to editing a keytab file and manually adding all combinations.