[jed-users] code completion? snippets with variables?

I've seen some hints at code completion through searching, but nothing concrete.  Is this something able to be created in JED?
Code Snippets in things like VS Code can take parameters, is this a possible feature in JED?
Are there any advanced examples in any of the mode files I should be looking at?
Thanks,
Ryan