[jed-users] keytabs? terms?

When I'm using Konsole(KDE's terminal emulator) I can edit this file called linux.keytab and break apart key sequences such that alt, ctrl and shift+key all come through differently in JED across SSH.

If I'm using anything else, for example BASH on Windows(Win 10 has the Ubuntu subsystem), alt/ctrl/shift left arrow all map to the same escape sequence in JED.
What in the world am I looking to reference here?  I know this isn't exactly a JED question, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what to search for here to fix this.  Since I'm trying to get JED working properly on different systems, I'm wondering has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks,
Ryan