Re: [jed-users] Is jed-users still active?

Thanks for the pointer on the line below. I did have to kill the terminal session once I ran it though because I couldn't find a way out.

On Mint17 KDE the following .jedrc gets the bulk of CUA navigation for both Konsole and Yakuake.

require ("keydefs");
%require ("emacs");
require ("wmark.sl");
setkey ("bol", Key_Home);
setkey ("eol", Key_End);
setkey ("beg_of_buffer", "\e[1;5H" );
setkey ("end_of_buffer", "\e[1;5F" );

USE_TABS = 0;
TAB_DEFAULT = 4;
WRAP = 0;

I could make nothing work in the Gicky Gnasty Gnome world. Attempting to use "\e0F" or "\e0H" (the values returned by keycode experiment) yielded some kind of missmatched keys error. Actually the terminal being unable to coexist with Jed is one of the reasons I don't load Gnome desktops for actual work. I don't use Jed that often, but when I do I need it. A terminal which steals my <ALT><F> and <ALT><S> is completely unacceptable. I even filed a bug report on it years ago. The maintainer flagged it as "won't fix".

Oh well. Thanks for the tip. I guess someone at some point should gather all of these tips and put them into a single document.

On 01/23/2015 05:36 PM, John E. Davis wrote:
    jed -l keycode -f keycode

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions