Re: [jed-users] Is jed-users still active?

Roland Hughes <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not that it has much relevance to your question, but this is what I have
> for a .jedrc file.
>
> require ("keydefs");
> %require ("wmark.sl");
> setkey ("bol", Key_Home);
> setkey ("eol", Key_End);
> setkey ("beg_of_buffer", Key_Ctrl_Home);
> setkey ("end_of_buffer", Key_Ctrl_End);
>
> USE_TABS = 0;
> TAB_DEFAULT = 4;
> WRAP = 0;

You should add an emulation to the top of your .jedrc file before the
setkey statements, e.g.,

   require ("emacs");
   setkey (....);

Without that, depending upon the emulation and your terminal, your
keybindings may not "stick".

What escape sequence does Ctrl-Home produce?  Jed gets this
information from the terminfo database, but the database often lacks
entries for such keybindings.  The easiest way to find a keybinding is
to run jed via:

   jed -l keycode -f keycode

Then use the reported escape sequence in the setkey statement, e.g.,

   setkey ("beg_of_buffer", "\e[7^");  % Ctrl-Home on urxvt

I hope this helps.