Re: [Jed-users-l] Unable to open require

On Thu 2012-09-13 (09:45), John E. Davis wrote:
> Ulli Horlacher <framstag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Unable to open require.  Check the value of the S-Lang load path.
>
> You do not have slang or slsh properly installed on your system.  jed
> depends upon the library files distributed with slsh

Ah... this is new to me! Must have changed over the years...

Yes, I have got precompiled jed and libslang.so, but meanwhile I have
access to a compiler (but still no root access).

I run:

framstag@boskopp:~/sw/src/jed-0.99-19: ./configure --prefix=/tmp/sw
(...)
You will need to edit src/Makefile if any of the following are not correct:
        CC = gcc
    CFLAGS = -g -O2
   LDFLAGS =
  JED_ROOT = /usr/local/lib/jed

Huh?
Why JED_ROOT=/usr/local/lib/jed ?

I do not have write access to /usr/local/

How can I set the compile time default value for JED_ROOT with configure?

framstag@boskopp:~/sw/src/jed-0.99-19: ./configure --help | grep -i root
  --datarootdir=DIR      read-only arch.-independent data root [PREFIX/share]
  --datadir=DIR          read-only architecture-independent data [DATAROOTDIR]
  --infodir=DIR          info documentation [DATAROOTDIR/info]
  --localedir=DIR        locale-dependent data [DATAROOTDIR/locale]
  --mandir=DIR           man documentation [DATAROOTDIR/man]
  --docdir=DIR           documentation root [DATAROOTDIR/doc/jed]

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx