Re: [Jed-users-l] Unable to open require

On Sep 13, 2012, at 8:52 AM, "John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Henry Harpending <harpend@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Meanwhile, why does jed work with no problem on my mac at home with
>> none of the files in the slang2 directory structure present?
>
> What version of jed are you using?  Older version of jed were
> independent of the slsh lib files.

jed version: 0.99.18/Unix
 Compiled with GNU C 4.0
S-Lang version: 2.0.6

> You will also not see the message if you do not use any features that
> utilize the slsh functions.  What does
>
>  jed -batch -l require
>
> produce?

Yes, indeed, this fails.  The output is:

% jed -batch -l require
Unable to load /usr/local/jed/lib/require.slc
/usr/local/jed/lib/site.slc:3143:command_line_hook:Open failed

> Thanks, --John

Regards, Henry Harpending