Re: [Jed-users-l] .jedrc woes still

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 12:14:13PM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:
> Mike McClain <mike.junk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > If my .jedrc contains:
> >
> > %   () = evalfile("cua");
> > define global_mode_hook (hook)
> >{
> >     local_unsetkey("F2");
> >     local_setkey("save_buffer",         "F2");
> >}
> >
> > F2 does not save the buffer.
>
> By "F2", that means the two character sequence "F" + "2".  Is that

No, F2 = function key 2.

> really what you want?  If so, do you have a work-around for inserting
> an "F2" character?  Also, what does the "Help->Describe Key Bindings"
> menu itemd report.

F2                  select_menubar

'^H k' says 'Key "F2" runs the internal function "select_menubar".'

I've found I can get the functionality I want with these statements:

local_unsetkey("\e[[B");
local_setkey("save_buffer",         "\e[[B");        %   F2

but "Help->Describe Key Bindings" reports:

F2                  save_buffer

and "Help->show Key" or '^H k' reports:
'Key "F2" runs the S-Lang function "save_buffer".'

I find it confusing that in both cases the 'F2' key is reported.

> > 2nd question:
> > In order to get the statements from .jedrc above into this message
> > I had to load .jedrc into less and use the mouse (gpm) to copy
> > those statements even though I had a copy of jed opening the same file.
> >
> > How do I get mouse selections in jed to use the gpm copy buffer so
> > that text selected in jed can be pasted in another program?
>
> Do you have jed compiled with GPM support?  What does `jed --version`
> report?

mike@/deb60:~> jed --version
jed version: 0.99.19/Unix
 Compiled with GNU C 4.4
S-Lang version: 2.2.2

jed compile-time options:
 +LINE_ATTRIBUTES +BUFFER_LOCAL_VARS +SAVE_NARROW +TTY_MENUS
 +EMACS_LOCKING +MULTICLICK +SUBPROCESSES +DFA_SYNTAX +ABBREVS
 +COLOR_COLUMNS +LINE_MARKS +GPM_MOUSE +IMPORT

Using JED_ROOT=/usr/share/jed

It's also true that something with the mouse from outside Jed can't be pasted
into a Jed buffer. Is there some flag I should be setting true somewhere?

Thanks,
Mike
--
Satisfied user of Linux since 1997.