Re: [Jed-users-l] .jedrc woes still

Mike McClain <mike.junk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If my .jedrc contains:
>
> %   () = evalfile("cua");
> define global_mode_hook (hook)
>{
>     local_unsetkey("F2");
>     local_setkey("save_buffer",         "F2");
>}
>
> F2 does not save the buffer.

By "F2", that means the two character sequence "F" + "2".  Is that
really what you want?  If so, do you have a work-around for inserting
an "F2" character?  Also, what does the "Help->Describe Key Bindings"
menu itemd report.

> 2nd question:
> In order to get the statements from .jedrc above into this message
> I had to load .jedrc into less and use the mouse (gpm) to copy
> those statements even though I had a copy of jed opening the same file.
>
> How do I get mouse selections in jed to use the gpm copy buffer so
> that text selected in jed can be pasted in another program?

Do you have jed compiled with GPM support?  What does `jed --version`
report?