[Jed-users-l] linux strangeness

I use a Mac but do most day to day stuff with linux in a virtual machine.  Jed works flawlessly on the Mac, and it used to work flawless in linux until the current round of distribution versions (Fedora 15, Ubuntu 11.04).  Now things are strange all over.

In Fedora. Jed and Xjed work fine, with no slowdown, BUT each takes 20 seconds to load.  Windows immediately pop up, then just sit there for a long time until the program starts.  In Python mode ^C# and ^C3 (comment and uncomment regions) work just fine.

In Ubuntu linux Jed and Xjed appear to work fine BUT there are two key assignments in Python mode that are just dead.   ^C# and ^C3 are supposed to comment and uncomment regions but they are both dead keys: they do nothing and are not recognized.  Strange since ^C> and ^C<  (indent and undent regions) work just fine and their definitions in pymode.sl are completely parallel to comment and uncomment.  The problem is not my ~/.jedrc since the problem persists when I rename that file.

So then I decided to recompile from source.  Compilation of Jed went all right but compilation of Xjed failed with a missing <X11/Intrinsic.h>.  I don't know enough to even start trying to track this down.

Would be grateful for any help, Henry Harpending