Re: [Jed-users-l] Bug report

On 26.12.10, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> There is an annoying bug in the CUA bindings. If you press Ctrl+Down,
> the cursor goes *up* one paragraph, and if you press Ctrl+Up, the
> cursor goes *down* one paragraph. I thought that the fix was easy:

> File cua.sl   --   Line 86:
> - setkey("forward_paragraph",                Key_Ctrl_Up);
> - setkey("backward_paragraph",               Key_Ctrl_Down);
> + setkey("backward_paragraph",               Key_Ctrl_Up);
> + setkey("forward_paragraph",                Key_Ctrl_Down);

Thanks for the report, the bug is fixed now at http://jedmodes.sf.net/mode/cua/
(The download link is broken, use the "see CVS link".)

> But somehow this didn't do anything. Indeed, it looks like the
> functions "forward_paragraph" and "backward_paragraph" are not defined
> anywhere, and I can even comment out those lines and the behaviour
> persists. So it seems that the bindings that make Ctrl+Down go the
> wrong way are defined somewhere else.

It should work (and works here), if you do the change and re-start jed.

It should also change the "Global" bindings if you re-evaluate the
changed cua.sl. However, bindings in special modes will not change in
a running session if the mode has already been used.

Could you try again.