[Jed-users-l] Problems with Perl files

Hello,

This is strange. I have the CUA bindings, but when I edit *Perl*
files, the Ctrl-C stops working (it should copy text). I think I found
the offending part of perl.sl:

$1 = "perl";
!if (keymap_p ($1)) make_keymap($1);
!if (is_defined("Win_Keys") ) {  % conflict with windows region copy
    definekey("perl_help",	"^C?", $1);
    definekey("perl_check",	"^Cc", $1);
    definekey("perl_exec",	"^Ce", $1);
    definekey("perl_info",	"^Ci", $1);
    definekey("perl_indent_region", "^C\t", $1);
    definekey("perltidy",	"^C^T", $1);
}

Short of deleting this block from the system-wide perl.sl file, is
there anything I can do to recover my Ctrl-C key binding?

Daniel.
--
No trees were destroyed in the generation of this email. However, a
large number of electrons were severely inconvenienced.