Re: [Jed-users-l] JED configuration

On 26.12.10, Henry Harpending wrote:
> On Dec 25, 2010, at 5:17 PM, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> > Henry Harpending <harpend@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Good luck with jed and xjed.  Only recently can emacs use anti-aliased
> >> fonts, but it still takes way long to load.  Jed has provided me with
> >> an attractive fast emacs clone for years, including nice fonts even.
> >> Now you should try to understand the difference between what ^Y does
> >> and ^C^Y.  I can't quite figure it out myself.
> >
> > For which mode? ^C is the prefix for mode special keys.

In CUA emulation mode, however, it is ^D as ^C is bound to "copy".

> In the past an annoyance on linux was that Jed had its own paste
> buffer, so pasting a selection from within Jed was different from
> pasting a selection from X.  I found a commented-out function to cut
> and paste the X buffer but it was commented out in the .sl source.
> I experimented with it and discovered that a function it called simply
> did not work with Ubuntu.  I replaced it (I can't remember what it was)
> with xsel() and put the following in my ~/.jedrc:

You might give cuamark.sl (from jed-extra) a try.

% Usage
% -----
%
% Insert a line
%   require("cuamark")
% into your .jedrc/jed.rc file. Optionally customize using custom variables
% and|or change keybindings.
%
% Some keybinding suggestions:
%
%   setkey("cua_kill_region",  	 "^X");
%   setkey("cua_copy_region",	 "^C");
%   setkey("cua_yank",		 "^V");
%
% if you do not like to place a copy into the system clipboard
% or are never using Jed under X-windows:
%
%   setkey("yp_kill_region",  	        Key_Shift_Del);
%   setkey("yp_copy_region",	        Key_Ctrl_Ins);
%   setkey("yp_yank",			Key_Shift_Ins);
%