Re: [Jed-users-l] Help: A few config questions.

On 26.12.10, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> I figured out problem 2 on my own. It looks like "\e" denotes not only
> the Esc key, but also ALT. So I can use that to define key bindings
> involving the ALT key.

It's recommended to use the "key-variables" defined in "keydefs.sl" and
"x-keydefs.sl". (The latter is available from jedmodes.sf.net and in
the Debian/Ubuntu package jed-extra (which I recommend in any case).)

> > Sadly, JED doesn't like "^(". It says "badly formed". So I've been
> > struggling to find a key combination that is memorable, and doesn't
> > conflict with anything else.

You could define a keybinding for Ctrl-( in xjed (see the
x_set_keysym() function).