[Jed-users-l] recentx.sl and session.sl

Hi,

It has really been quiet here recently.  I hope this list software is
working.  As a way of testing the list, I though that it would be a
good idea to point out that the latest jed snapshot (see
<http://www.jedsoft.org/snapshots/>) contains two new files:
recentx.sl and session.sl.  In creating these files, I took what I
felt were the best ideas from both the stock and jed-modes-repository
versions of recent.sl.

As the name suggests, session.sl adds the ability to (partially) save
and restore the state of a jed session.   The session file is local to
the directory where jed starts.  This permits you to have any number
of sessions (one per startup dir).  For more details and usage, see
the description at the top of session.sl.

recentx.sl is similar to recent.sl, except that it also tracks recent
files according to type (based upon filename extension).  In addition
to the "Recent Files" menu, recentx.sl adds a "Recent Files by Ext"
item.  To enable it, put something like:

   require ("recentx");
   Recentx_Cache_Filename = ".jedrecent";
   Recentx_Max_Files = 15;     % The number of files per extension
   Recentx_Cache_Exclude_Patterns = {"^/tmp/", "\.tmp$"R};

int your .jedrc file.

These new features are experimental and any suggestions are welcome.