Re: [Jed-users-l] using gpm with jed .99.19 in ubuntu linux

Thank you Mr. Sommer.

I realized after I wrote this question that xterm is not the same as the linux console.  I cannot even boot into a linux console with my ubuntu linux distribution.

I have noticed that under Mac OS X I have no gpm functions in the Mac Terminal program, but the (free) terminal emulator Iterm for the Mac gives me full gpm functions.  It also allows a wider range of keys to be assigned (like ^/) than does the Mac terminal.  This is just for information for anyone using a Mac.

Does anyone know how to achieve gpm functionality in a linux terminal emulator, of which there are several?

Thanks, Henry Harpending