Re: TODO or not TODO

Can you explain a little bit further what you mean by these points?

There are jed features (wrapping, folding come to mind) that
get hardcoded in the text. But soft wrapping is quite
widespread and folding could be done on the fly based on
selection or objects, e.g. functions. My tenet of faith:
content is sacrosanct, don't dirty it with additives.

Of course, moving from hardcoded features like hardwrap and
tags-folding to dynamic features for the display only is a
shift that needs organising if contributions are invited.
It's not bugs or marginal improvements.

As for my remark on editors for text-mode and X Window,
please compare xjed and scite. Are gtk-menus going to bridge
the gap? Right, and therefore cosmetics has low or zero
priority. We are looking here at code reduction, not code
expansion.

My mention of text mode keymap issues is just a reminder.
I'm neither proposing nor expecting any action on them. Most
jed users are xjed users and xjed does not have keymap
problems.

Regards

frank