Re: (jed-users) Compilation on OpenVMS

pepito_grillo_tonto@xxxxxxxx wrote on 16-DEC-2009 15:16:15.35

>I was triying to compile jed in OpenVMS but I get this error:
>
>[BOF_RUBEN] @vmsmake
>CC /float=ieee/name=(as_is,short)/prefix=all/define=(FLOAT_TYPE,JED)/include=(DKD0:[APPS.JE
>D.SLANG.SRC]) ABBREV..c
>
>#include "vms_x_fix.h"
>.^
>%CC-F-NOINCLFILEF, Cannot find file "vms_x_fix.h" specified in #include directive.
>at line number 13 in file JED_ROOT:[000000.src]CONFIG.H;17
>
>I had to manually download the file from internet.
Reason : vms_x_fix.h is used by many more pacakages ported to OpenVMS.
It is documented on :
  http://nchrem.tnw.tudelft.nl/openvms/software2.html#Jed

>I also had to patch (nasty patch) jedconfig.h

It is included in the patch on the same web-site.
The patch also includes a "work-around" (=leave out some files) for a
problem with "jed -preparse". It is running out of quota for some of the .sl
files. I have no idea why.

                    Jouk

Pecunia olet!

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd