Re: Setting the From: and Reply-to: Headers in Jed

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, John E. Davis wrote:

> Duke <dukeofperl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This message is being written from the Pine MUA using Jed in
> > mail_mode. However I would like to sometimes email stuff while in a
> > Jed session. Is there a way to set the subject headers in the various
> > jed comfig files?
>
> If you use jed's mailedit_mode, then you can customize the headers in
> a mailedit_mode_hook.  You can enable mailedit_mode via the mail_hook
> e.g.,
>
> define mail_hook()
> {
>    mailedit_mode ();
>    local_setkey ("mail_send", "^C^C");
>    local_setkey ("mail_kill_buffer", "^Xk");
> }

Unfortunately John, the above does not seem to work. I have:

define mail_hook ()
{
   mailedit_mode ();
   local_setkey ("mail_send", "^C^C");
   local_setkey ("mail_kill_buffer", "^Xk");
   variable SendMail_Cmd = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -oem -odb -f
duke0fperl@xxxxxxx";
}
%
define mailedit_mode_hook ()
{
   variable MailEdit_Reply_To = "dukeofperl@xxxxxxx";
}

None of it is working when Jed is the MUA.

When using Jed from within Alpine, (jed %s -tmp --mailedit-mode),
again the mode in the status line shows up as "Text" instead of
"mailedit".

AS well, the following appearrs to be ignored:
set_realname ("Duke Normandin");
set_username ("dukeofperl");
%set_hostname ("no.where.com");
set_hostname ("ml1.net");
set_emailaddress ("dukeofperl@xxxxxxx");

Should this stuff also be in MailEdit_mode_hook?
--
Duke Normandin
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.