Re: Setting the From: and Reply-to: Headers in Jed

Duke <dukeofperl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> This message is being written from the Pine MUA using Jed in
> mail_mode. However I would like to sometimes email stuff while in a
> Jed session. Is there a way to set the subject headers in the various
> jed comfig files?

If you use jed's mailedit_mode, then you can customize the headers in
a mailedit_mode_hook.  You can enable mailedit_mode via the mail_hook
e.g.,

define mail_hook()
{
   mailedit_mode ();
   local_setkey ("mail_send", "^C^C");
   local_setkey ("mail_kill_buffer", "^Xk");
}

See mailedit.sl for details.  Also mailutils.sl might be useful for
manipulating headers.

Good luck,