Re: Setting the From: and Reply-to: Headers in Jed

Duke <dukeofperl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Luck _is_ what I'll be needing at the rate I'm going. I see where
> mailedit.sl makes it possible to change the display colors of most of
> the headers for display, as well as setting a few headers to a default
> value, like Reply-To:. Thanks for that. I don't see that I can change
> the From: header though, like I can with emacs. How can mailutils.sl
> help in this regard?

The From header is header by your mail delivery agent.  Assuming that
is sendmail or a sendmail clone, you would use the -f sendmail option.
This can be enabled by putting something like

   variable SendMail_Cmd
     = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -oem -odb -f foo@xxxxxxx"

in your .jedrc file.  The above assumes that sendmail is in /usr/sbin.

> I must say that all these
>
> mail_hook
> mailedit_mode_hook
> mark_paragraph_hook
> etc, etc
>
> seems a bit convoluted to me.
>
> Can this not be simplified, at least a bit, in future incarnations?

I do not see how without limiting flexibility.  For example, what is a
paragraph?  TeX and LaTex have one notion, email messages have
another, and so on.