Re: Using JED with Pine MUA

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Duke wrote:

> I have my Pine mail client set up to use an external editor as follows:
>
> jed %s -tmp --mailedit-mode
>
> However, I don't seem to observe any appreciable difference. All
> comments/suggestion are welcome. TIA...

[Bob Bernstein]

Thanks!  I'll try jed -f mail_mode'  and see what exactly what a jed
"mail_mode" looks like.

[Peter Krefting]

Thanks for the URLs & script. Between your input and Bob's I should
have a pretty nice email environment at some point this weekend. ;)

[Mark Olesen]

I'd like to use Jed as my email client, but I do not have my own
domain. To further complicate the issue, I'm using my wife's ISP's
smtp server. I have postfix' up and running so that I can send mail
out with Jed. To receive mail I use IMAP on a Web mail account that I
have.  It's a complicated kettle of fish.

Thanks for all the great constructive replies! Much appreciated!!
--
Duke Normandin
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.