Re: hooks and modes

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, G. Milde wrote:

So what is the syntax for writing
a xxxxx_mode_hook()?

No special syntax, just define a function with the correct name:
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^
define xxxxx_mode_hook()
{
 % some action
}

Out of curiosity: I'm a big fan of KISS approaches all the way, and I would regard relying on a name convention as KISS enough, but... err well, perhaps even TOO simple, to the point of being error prone. How does it work? Is there a sybol table or so that gets scanned for functions having names ending in "_hook"? Wouldn't it be more reliable to have, say, a register_hook_for_mode() function instead, at the expense of some more verbosity. Please feel free to laugh at me if all this is too naive...

Michele
--
Oh, come on.  There must be some Cobol poetry.  Something long
and impenetrable, in hexameter...