Keymap problem

Hi John,

in an XTerm I have the problem, that jed sets the variable Key_Up to
\eOA, but the terminal send the sequence \e[A. I found that \eOA is the
sequence registred in terminfo, so I've reported [1] a bug to the Debian
package providing this terminfo file. Now, I've got the answer jed is
doing it wrong: “If jed is not sending terminfo smkx to setup the keys,
that's a bug in jed.” What do you think?

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/505297

% jed output -f 'insert(make_printable_string(get_termcap_string("ku")) + "\n"); save_buffer; exit_jed'; cat output
"\x1BOA"

But running jed -l keycode -f keycode gives me \e[A when pressing the up
key.

% echo $TERM
xterm
% infocmp -L G -Eo 'key_(home|end|up|down)=[^,]*'
key_down=\EOB
key_end=\EOF
key_home=\EOH
key_up=\EOA

Bye, Jörg.
--
> Definiere ‚Demokratie‘ …
… eine Mehrheit beweist einer Minderheit, dass Widerstand zwecklos ist.