From: owner-jed-users-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-jed-users-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of G. Milde
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 6:52 PM
To: jed-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [jed]grep.sl feature request

Dear Jed users,

just uploaded grep.sl version 1.1.5 to http://jedmodes.sf.net/mode/grep/
and filelist.sl version 1.7.1 to http://jedmodes.sf.net/mode/filelist/
.

On 16.04.07, Lechee.Lai@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   Here is some suggest in my opinion

>   1. Grep point at cursor

Added documentation on how to achieve this with some code in your jed.rc
(or other customisation) file:

  * use current word as default pattern :

    If you want the word at the cursor position (point)  as pattern (without
    asking in the minibuffer), use something like

      definekey("^FG", "grep(get_word())")

    If you want the current word as default pattern (instead of the LAST_GREP
    pattern), define a wrapper (and bind this to a key), e.g.

      define grep_word_at_point()
      {
         grep(read_mini("String to grep: ", get_word, ""));
      }

    Or, with the word at point as init string (so it can be modified)

      define grep_word_at_point2()
      {
         grep(read_mini("String to grep: ", "", get_word,));
      }

> 2. Call back grep-output more easily even quit jed editor, which means
>    save grep-output as option rebuild grep-output if restart jed

 * you can save the output with save_buffer_as()

   listing.sl version  3.1.1 added a "Save Listing" entry to the mode menu

   - It should turn up in the File>Recent Files list
   - It should be re-opened with the jedmodes recent.sl mode if you set
     variable Recent_Restore_Last_Session = 1;

 * The command used to create the buffer is stored in the buffer-local
   variable "generating_function". You can re-run the command in the
   buffer with Ctrl-R and re-create the buffer after closing it (but not
   Jed) with navigate_back() from jedmodes.sf.net/mode/navigate

> 3. Grep-output pop2buf have choice in other window and switch back to
>    grep-output via SPACE like bufed.sl style

Does the filelist_open_in_otherwindow() function in version 1.7.1
meet your expectations? It is bound to 'o' by default and to 'SPACE' if
you set ``FileList_KeyBindings = "dired";``.

Guenter