Re: Filelist mode on VMS

John E. Davis wrote::
TERRENCE BRANSCOMBE <tlbranscombe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
but this prevents puts me in "no mode" and flashes an error message in the mini
 buffer to the effect that "copy_file is undefined".

It looks like I never implemented `copy_file` for VMS.  As I recall,
this omission was due to the variety and complexity of the VMS file
formats. Other systems do not have such richness in the supported file
formats, which made `copy_file` easy to implement for them.

You might try adding this to your jed.rc file as a work-around:

  #ifndef copy_file
  define copy_file (src, dest)
  {
     () = system (sprintf ("copy %s %s", src, dest));
  }
  #endif

Make sure this appears before the file that you are trying to load.

Thanks, John. That seems to have taken me one step closer. Now, when I start JED and specify a file, the message "listdir is undefined", appears in the mini-buffer. Following the USAGE instructions in filelist.sl and your suggestions, I've added the following to the end of my jed.rc file:

% Filelist mode
#ifndef copy_file
define copy_file (src, dest)
{
   () = system (sprintf ("copy %s %s", src, dest));
}
#endif

() = evalfile("filelist");

#<INITIALIZATION>
"filelist_list_dir", "filelist.sl";
"filelist_mode", "filelist.sl";
"locate", "filelist.sl";
_autoload(3);
_add_completion("locate", "filelist_mode", 2);

define filelist_find_file_hook(filename)
{
   if (file_status(filename) == 2)
{
[EOB]