Re: Filelist mode on VMS

TERRENCE BRANSCOMBE <tlbranscombe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>but this prevents puts me in "no mode" and flashes an error message in the mini
>  buffer to the effect that "copy_file is undefined".

It looks like I never implemented `copy_file` for VMS.  As I recall,
this omission was due to the variety and complexity of the VMS file
formats. Other systems do not have such richness in the supported file
formats, which made `copy_file` easy to implement for them.

You might try adding this to your jed.rc file as a work-around:

  #ifndef copy_file
  define copy_file (src, dest)
  {
     () = system (sprintf ("copy %s %s", src, dest));
  }
  #endif

Make sure this appears before the file that you are trying to load.