Newbie question

Hoi,

Apologies if this shows up twice... (I just joined the list but didn't
see it appear yet)...

I've seen some confusing posts re the use of the Alt key in Jed on
Linux. I'd very much like to use the Brief keybindings. Some say its not
possible because the terminal doesn't allow the use of the Alt key,
however, it seems to work just fine in Gnome Terminal (with menu access
keys disabled): Alt-F brings up the File menu as expected.

Any ideas?

cheers,
Jan

--

A journalist once asked the late Gandhi what he thought of the western
civilization. Gandhi replied: "Western Civilization? That would be a

----

Ships Unit
Information, Communication, Technology
Greenpeace International
Ottho Heldringstraat 5
1066 AZ  AMSTERDAM
Netherlands (MET)

direct    +31 (0)20 7182084
fax       +31 (0)20 5148151
reception +31 (0)20 5148150
email     jan.bakuwel&int.greenpeace.org
private   jan.bakuwel&hccnet.nl
(replace & by @ in the emailaddress)