Re: gold key for edt mode

Hi Thei

On 31.01.06, Thei Wijnen wrote:

> In .jedrc I have:

Still strange, but maybe it is the double nesting of #ifdef-s.

try:

-#ifdef XWINDOWS
-  require("x-keydefs");
-  x_set_keysym(0xFFAA, 0, Key_KP_Multiply);
-  x_set_keysym(0xFFAB, 0, Key_KP_Add);
-  x_set_keysym(0xFFAD, 0, Key_KP_Subtract);
-  x_set_keysym(0xFFAF, 0, Key_KP_Divide);
-#endif

+require("x-keydefs");  % x-keydefs already has the "#ifdef logic inside
                        % and should work with all flavours of jed

> The message I get is:
>  S-Lang syntax error: expecting a PRIMARY, found # in line 216
>
> This is the line with #stop ...
> I should not get this message because I run in Linux.

True. You should not reach the #stop under Linux. Maybe some setting from the
Window terminal is propagated to xjed? (In this case it might actually help to
preprocess x-keydefs from a locally started xjed.)

> The remaining part of .jedrc is not executed.

This is because processing stops with the error above.

For further diagnosis it would be nice to see:
> >What is the result if you copy the following lines to a scratch buffer and
> >call M-x evalbuffer on them:

   #ifdef IBMPC_SYSTEM
   message("I am running under Windows or DOS");
   #stop
   #else
   message("I am not running under (Win)DOS");
   #endif

and saving this to test-preprocess-nesting.sl

#ifdef XWINDOWS
() = evalfile("test-preprocess-nesting.sl");
#endif

(I do not have problems with this here with xjed on X-Windows.)

Bye

Guenter

--
Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de